A golf club is a basic need for every golfer. A beginner golfer can pretty quickly turn into an experienced golfer with the perfect chipping of the ball.
Due to its short swing, it can create a firm contact. Some brands offer the best golf club for chipping. Consequently, they achieve excellent feedback.
Every golfer has to obey two significant rules for being a perfect chipper. One is proper technique, and another one understands the club. Different situations require different club solutions.
That is why we arrange today’s session with a complete guide on the best club for chipping around the green, a review on several golf clubs, a golf club buying guide, and a mentioning the best club.
Top 5 Golf Club Reviews & Highlights
1. Intech EZ roll chipper club
When thinking about a quality product with a limited budget, the Intech EZ roll chipper will be the best choice. They appear really useful and popular. In Amazon, it contains more than 2000 positive reviews by its users.
This club has an attractive look with classic-style wedges. It appears with a non-glare satin finish that reduces its glare on sunny spots. This also gives its professional look. Intech EZ will be your best golf club for chipping with its great money value and consequently with its performance.
- Back Weighted Model: This club is more weighted in its back, making it capable of more stroke protection. Consequently, it gives better performance.
- Top Lines Alignments: Its advanced top-line alignment features ensure better accuracy.
- Putter Length: The Intech EZ is 35 degrees chipping with a 7-iron loft.
- GooseneckHosel: This chipping club is a Shank–proof model
- Classic looks
- Highly balanced
- Greater loft
- Affordable cost
- Heavy chipping head
- May not last-long
2. Orlimar Golf- Escape Chipper
When you search for a decent basis-level treaty, Orlimar escape is the chipper club you need. What it needs is a treatment facility it compensates for in affordability.
The Orlimar golf escape chipper includes the length of the putter and a 7-iron loft.
The materials come with stainless steel that makes the chipper durable and provocative, creating a definite vibe that numerous golfers may appreciate.
- Empty bodied, cavity back model gives incredible weight conveyance and Pinpoint exactness.
- The glass bead face and the top line build a better arrangement of the ball.
- The chipper club comes with seven iron lofts and a 37-degree escape.
- The body is constructed with stainless steel that feels durable and superb solid.
- Shank-proof model gooseneck hostel.
- Shank-proof plan.
- Strong feelings.
- Hardened solid steel assemble.
- Excellent space and length.
- Simple and affordable club
- Unfortunate appearance
- Quite difficult to play
3. Intech golf approach the two-way chipper club
This is one of the best golf clubs for chipping at an affordable price. When you are in a golf green, some chip shots may seem easy to you. But when you try to hit, they appear tricky. At this moment, you may blame your club.
Intech presents a type of chipping club that every golfer is looking for. This is a two-way chipper club that means it’s perfect for both rights and left-hand golfers.
Put the ball in your right stance and help you chip in a better way than before.
- Shot saver: Hold close to its pin
- Two faces: Being two-faced, this can be utilized by both right and left and golfers.
- Set up: The putter length is a 7-iron loft
- Trouble-free chip: This two-faced chipper club can shot in a more way than a normal stance
- Grate value of your investment
- Made with high-quality steel
- Solid and well-made
- Outstanding performance even with challenging environments
- Great value for your money
- Superb control over its use
- Two face chipping is a USGA rules violation
- Illegal two-sided club
- Heavy in weight
4. True ace assembled chipper club
Among a hundred best golf clubs for chipping, True ace maybe your wise choice. The true ace assembled chipper is unique in its look. A great cave on its middle keeps the ball and gives exact balance.
You may think this particular model club is not legal. But, I assure you that this club is totally legal.
The center of gravity is relatively low for the wedges. A well-designed club that practices chipping easily. Recommend thin one as the best golf club for chipping, especially for beginners.
- Club loft: The true ace chipper club is 35 degree, like an 8-iron loft
- Material: Club materials appears metal and rubber with alloy steel shaft material
- Playground: Made for play on the fairway, but you can utilize this in short rough
- Department: This chipper is made for right-hand men golfers. But I can assure, women can also use this without facing any problem.
- Control distance, line, and technique.
- Simple to hit
- Feels grate
- The price is very affordable
- Not with a traditional look
- A little heavy in weight
5. Pinemeadow golf pre wedge
Pinemeadow Golf is a well-known golf brand among golf equipment. This is effective, popular, and highly recommended as your best golf club for chipping.
If you require a little more control and spin, consider Pinemeadow pre-wedge as the best option. This highly versatile club is widely used by leading golfers. This is also appropriate for new golfers.
- Wide sole: The clubhead bottom features a wide sole and narrows down near the toe, ensuring a more excellent hitting surface.
- U groove term: Just like maximum golf chipper, Pinemeadow shapes U groove design.
- Steel finish: Pinemeadow golf pre wedge is covered with a sleek stainless finish.
- Material: Pinemeadow golf club is built with high-grade steel from Apollo(R), A 125 Gram Shaft.
- This club is tour-proven
- Outstanding control and perfect spin
- Extremely strong
- Smart and professional look
- Happy feelings
- Great price value
- Hard to find bounce angle
- The shaft may break at the grip
Buying Guide for a chipper
Are you thinking about purchasing the best golf club for chipping? The first thing is you have to do some basic research about different clubs. After that, you can select one to purchase.
As we care about you, we briefly discuss what you should maintain before buying a golf club.
Things to consider before buying the best golf club for chipping
- This is for those who are mid-high handicapped. Chipper is not applicable for a low handicapper. [Golf Clubs for Mid Handicappers]
- Those people who struggle to enjoy bump & run. Chipper is not for those who like to attain a single figure.
- Who gradually fat/thin their chips at utilizing a wedge.
- Those golf players battle to utilize a wedge and have issues with their wrists.
- Those golfers prefer to use putters chipping off the green.
Price is a thing that must be considered before any purchase. The more you offer, the better you may get.
This may not always be true. Prices vary for types of product, brand, etc. According to your budget, try to find the club that performs best.
Maintain the company’s statement that may indicate a possible or impending danger or other unpleasant situation.
The best club for chipping, in my opinion?
There is no single club that we may recommend to you as best. This is because club selection is mandatory for every golfer. Whether you are a newbie in golf or an expert, you have to select your own club. You can choose the best golf club for chipping according to your own level and green.
The essential recommendation for a chip is a wedge. Depending on your green requirement, shot types, and comfort level, 48,52,56, and 60-degree wedges are all the options you need.
I prefer to use a 48-degree club for 2-3 yards about green. This is so easy to perform, and the most simple chip shot.
What To Look For In Wedges and Short Game Irons?
Golf is a popular game all over the world. For performing best, you must maintain some rules. Understanding all options is essential. We make a guide on things to look for in wedges and short game irons.
Bounce angle is a significant fact in wedges. Basically, this identifies with the turf connection of the club. Bounce is helpful in specific lies and assists you with getting simpler. Great bounce keeps control in digging.
Go with a wedge bounce chart of different clubs. You will notice both the best low bounce wedges and high bounce wedges.
A Bit About Wedge
Wedges are the shortest club with the highest loft. Wedges are widely used in approach shots. You deserve a wedge with perfect control and distance. Nowadays, wedges are also defined with the name loft.
When you are talking about wedges, pitching wedges comes first. This is the most common wedge used by maximum golfers. Listing wedge comes with 44-48 degree loft. Mainly used for a full shot but sometimes also used for long chip shots.
A sand wedge is intended to drive you free from obstruction. Generally, it is utilized on limited approach shots. Sand wedge features a 48-56 degree loft and is used for 80-100 yards distances. Sand wedges offer great control around the green.
A lob wedge is a high cast wedge for a short, tall, and for a sharp shot of the ball around the green. This comes with great control and a quick roll. Lob wedge has 60-64 degree loft. This is intended to provide height on the green.
A gap wedge is developed between sand and pitch wedge. A gap wedge is commonly called an approach wedge. Gap wedge offers excellent control on 90-110 yards of distance. A gap wedge provides more space than a sand wedge but not more than a pitching wedge.
What is a chipper?
Basically, a golf chipper is a putter with a 37-degree club loft, just like a 7-iron or 8-iron. A golf chipper is not like a standard four-degree club loft.
How to Hit the Chip Shot
Usually, in chip shot, the ball goes comparatively in a concise length. That’s why people think chip shots are more straightforward. But chip shot has its own art, and for the best output, you have to maintain them.
The first thing you have to do is club selection. Select a perfect club that may give you multiple choices on the variety of shots you may hit. Then set the loft on your club.
Determine shaft lean, maintain balance entirely the swing, and pivot properly. Pivoting will allow you to sustain the loft.
When to Hit a Pitch Shot
For pitch shots, you have to search for a flight direction with practically no rollout. If you face some abstraction in your playgrounds like a lake or any kind of stream that you have to get over, in that situation, you need a pitch shot.
How to Aim a Pitch Shot?
When you want to aim a pitch shot, point your clubface at a target. Keep your feet balanced to the target. Basically chip shot provides a solid grip, where a pitch shot gives a firmer grip.
What is the safest club to chip with?
There are plenty of options about the best club for chipping around the green. Tom Wade, a pro golfer, recommends using a 7-iron. You may prefer to use a 54-degree wedge as a pitching wedge. Chipping with a 7-iron is the safest club to chip.
Who should use a chipper?
You may use a chipper or may not; this is your personal matter. A chipper will be beneficial for mid-handicap to high handicap golfers who conflict on the green. You may notice you don’t have enough ability to deliver spin on your golf ball and quickly stop it. In that situation, you need to use a chipper.
Do Beginners Need the Full Range of Wedges?
The ideal wedges range for beginner golfers is
- 48-degree pitching wedge
- 54-degree sand wedge
- 60-degree lob wedge
If you are the one who struggles a lot with wedges but fails, again and again, You are suggested to try a chipper. Using a chipper definitely lowers your score. Chippers are affordable in their price, so everyone can easily buy them.
Among hundreds, Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 is the best golf club for chipping around the green with its ideal spin and 3-dot system.
In Amazon, Cleveland contains 4.9-star positive ratings within 5. Follow the Cleveland wedge bounce chart. For several reasons, Cleveland is considered the best wedge bounce option.